If they can take out anyone's gall bladder - there are many bladderless people out there - why do we have them? The same goes with the appendix and the spleen. I still have a spleen. It's stitched up, but it's there.
So, I've been gone and on drugs for awhile. :) The day after Christmas I started to feel like I was in labor. Have you had a gall bladder attack before? Imagine being dilated to a 4+ with no waves of relief. You starve, because if you eat something it unleashes excruciating pain. Sunday night I couldn't take it anymore and headed for IMC emergency. They did a CT scan and ultrasound but couldn't see anything. Bill set me up with a surgeon the next Tuesday for another ultrasound. This time, due to fasting, the ultrasound revealed a bag full of stones (over 100). The doctor said that some had left the bladder and were heading for my small intestines, which can be fatal. On New Years Eve I had the thing yanked, and the runaway stones were dredged with a wire basket thingy. I think the good doctor got 'em all.
I'm doing much better and am grateful to live in a day where the miracle of modern healing saves countless lives.
Btw, I'm still losing weight. I think I'm okay with that.
bed bath and beyond stools
4 years ago

3 comments:
You poor thing. I was wondering where you were at. I'm glad you're recovering well from that. I guess you probably didn't have the greatest Christmas. I'm glad they found the problem and that it's over with. Keep me updated. Tell everyone hi!
Feel better soon! Glad they figured out the problem and got things taken care off. Gall stones is one joy I have not experianced, I think I will keep it that way :)
hope you feel better soon. I had my gall bladder removed when my third daughter was 8 months old, she just had to have hers removed at 5 years old because of one little stone causing a world of trouble. Turns out gall stones can run in the family.
Post a Comment