CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Honored to be American



On behalf of my family, I want to say that we are grateful to be a part this nation and are blessed to live in this age. Twenty years ago, an African-American U.S. president would have been an impossible thing. Martin Luther King's dream is coming true, "A dream of equality of opportunity,... a dream of a land where men will not argue that the color of a man's skin determines the content of his character; a dream of a nation where all our gifts and resources are held not for ourselves alone, but as instruments of service for the rest of humanity; the dream of a country where every man will respect the dignity and worth of the human personality."
fyi, Mitt Romney was my choice for president. Now that Barack Obama has won, he has my support his first term.

4 comments:

judy said...

Ditto. What a great attitude. It is inspiring to hear positive comments.

Anonymous said...

Hello Laurel! It almost brings tears to my eyes to see my cousin running again. When I was younger and would spend time up there, while he was in high school, that man would run early in the morning and come home and we'd play basketball in his room before he went off to school. I'm glad to see him so happy. It's great to have you in the family. I wish I knew you better, but maybe in time we will, especially in the blogging world. I don't think I even have your address or anything, have Bill send it to me when he gets time, on my yahoo account. It was great to hear from you and I'm glad we can keep in touch. That's the whole reason I started my blog. Love you!

Jessica said...

Can I hear a "hallalejah"!? I also feel proud to be an American-not that I think partisan politics are the greatest thing ever, but I feel that our President Elect will think and speak on behalf of the whole country, not simply the majority. He reminds us of much different times and a better way.
I love you.

Jessica said...

Can I hear a "hallalejah"!? I also feel proud to be an American-not that I think partisan politics are the greatest thing ever, but I feel that our President Elect will think and speak on behalf of the whole country, not simply the majority. He reminds us of much different times and a better way.
I love you.