CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I Love to see the San Diego temple, I'm going there someday,,,,

The San Diego temple was under construction during the time I lived in Carlsbad, CA. Just like it does when you have a crush on someone, my heart would skip a beat every time I sped past along the coastline highway. At Christmas time, a huge tree was lit where the angel Moroni would soon be. Another vivid memory is the spiraling skeleton for the soon-to-be staircase, already reaching heavenward. Unfortunately, I moved from Cali two months before the temple dedication. The irony still haunts me, and one of life's goals is to vacation in La Jolla, temple recommend happily packed with the beach towel and park passes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohh that is where I got married!!! I grew up in Escondido. I loved watching it be built too. I got to go to the dedidcation too!! We have gone back a few times. it is my favorite temple :)

Oh and Paradise bakery is right by Target and the new Olive Garden.

Anna B said...

I remember taking my yet to be baptised boyfriend to the open house there. What a pretty temple. Trent and I actually spent our honeymoon in La Jolla. Hope you get to go back soon.

Laurel said...

No fair! Both of you, and Bill too. He just told me he's been there a few times. Sigh.

Paradise is far away, apparently. I was straining my eyes to read all the "coming soon" signs at the Smiths crossroads. I can't wait til we have a better offering than Little Caesars and sub-par Mexican.